Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Harihar

Time: Mid 1990s
Place: Harihar
Company: Family
Highlights: Visited the place where I had spent the first three years of my life (1980-1983) although I do not remember anything about my infanthood. Situated within Kirloskar quarters, a beautiful green landscape with a huge park and My Club. Wonderful bread omelette breakfast in the guest house. Beautiful Raghavendra Swamy Mutt on Tunga river bank. Challenged myself to walk over the bridge over Tunga. But it looked scary. So, as a punishment for my cowardice, the kid that I was, I sat on the railway tracks for 2 hours, apparently in a crime-prone zone! Drive back in Maruti Van with Gajendra uncle clocking 110 kmph and reaching Bangalore within 4.5 hours is etched in my memory.

2 comments:

Avalokane said...

YOu from Harihar? Myclub? I lived at MyClub quarters too. I just loved it.

Harsha S Rao said...

I am from Bangalore but I was in Harihar during first 3 yrs of my life. Were you there then too?