Saturday, December 30, 2023

4 x Isha Yoga Center, Coimbatore (4 Times in 2023!!)

Time: May 24th-28th, 2023

Company: Alone

Program: Bhava Spandana

Summary: Mind-blowing and Body-breaking program, one-of-a-kind, not to be missed. Will change the way we perceive the world, and truly make us resonate to Mother Nature. Program conducted in Spanda Hall (my first time). I was not very keen on taking this program mainly because one has to write pages and pages of autobiography, but then this is a pre-req for Samyama....so went for it. Intially felt I missed the essence of the program (since it is very subtle) but last day realized that I had not - at least not completely. 

-------------------------------------

Time: Sep 22nd-25th, 2023

Company: Wife and me

Program: Lap of the Master

Highlights: First time wife and me went on an outstation trip leaving daughter behind (because she was ineligible). Program conducted in Adiyogi Alayam (my first time). About 10,000 people in attendance. All meals served in the open air. Also had Gramotsavam finals, so got to see the game albeit on screen beside the place where event was being held. Had 2-3 Sadhguru darshan sessions. Wife was put up in Spanda Hall and me at Velliangiri Prashala (my first time). Had cultural programs beyond midnight of 23rd-24th, so slept only for 4-5 hours at night. 

-------------------------------------

Time: Nov 22nd-27th, 2023

Company: Alone

Program: Shoonya Intensive

Highlights: Learnt Surya Shakti, Shakti Chalana Kriya and Shoonya Intensive. Packed program schedule. Conducted at Chamundi Prashala (my first time). With this, I finally completed all the pre-reqs needed for the Silence program (Samyama). A major achievement!

-------------------------------------

Time: Dec 12th-21st, 2023

Company: Alone

Program: Silence Program (Samyama)

Highlights: Program conducted in Adiyogi Alayam. No talking, no eye-contacting, no gestures, no notes taking, no mirror, no cooked food, and so many other 'Yama & Niyama's (dos and donts)! This is all eight limbs of Patanjali Yoga Sutra (Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana and Samadhi) all packaged into one program with more focus on the last four. Very, very akin to what sages used to previously perform Tapas - and this was something I felt I should always do, thanks to all the mythological episodes that I had watched as a small boy! 

One should start preparing 2 months before program starts. As they forewarn, not for the curious ones or the faint-hearted. This one takes lot of courage and single-pointedness else it will become torturous. I was concerned I might have not prepared myself adequately for the program but I was able to withstand thankfully. I had decided steadfastly in late 2022 that 2023 was the year for Samyama and with Sadhguru's grace, I was able to make it. 🙏

No comments: