Sunday, August 4, 2019

Adieu at Salem

Time: July 23rd, 2019
Place: Salem
Company: Parents

Highlights: A close relative (who meant a lot to me) passed away in a car accident on July 21st at Erode, and I felt the only way I could logically close that chapter was by seeing the mortal remains for one last time. It was a very long time since the passing away of a known person gutted me with grief and this one really hit me hard. Especially the scenes at the house where the parents were crying their hearts out. 

From an outing perspective, it was a very simple one: Left at 6 am in a cab since our car insurance had expired. Reached Salem at about 10 am after a quick breakfast at A2B near Hosur. Waited until 12 noon until the mortal remains came from the hospital. Grieved for about 1.5 hours & left at 1:30 pm. Had lunch on the way, and reached home at 6 pm. And grieved some more. A sorrowful day.

No comments: